Thanks to the development of standard construction, the housing problem for many families can be resolved relatively simply. It all comes down to the financial side of the issue. But often in use comes faceless and deprived of individuality room, the layout of which leaves much to be desired. But, if it is not possible to change the basic parameters of an apartment’s premises more often or if a lot of approvals are required from various agencies, changing individual parts of an apartment, for example, redeveloping a bathroom is relatively simple.
Regulatory rules for work
Before deciding to begin redevelopment of a bathroom, it is important to know that the regulatory documents provide for the basic rules in accordance with which the work must be carried out. Their observance is an obligatory moment, otherwise, redevelopment is considered illegal.
Expansion due to the storage room
- One of the basic rules of the re-planning of the so-called "wet" of premises, which include a toilet and a bathroom, is that when carrying out work of this kind, new premises should not be located above the living rooms of apartments located below the floor. For ease of understanding, you can clarify that any work on the expansion of the bathroom can only be carried out at the expense of the corridor, storeroom or other non-residential spaces, which in turn are located above the premises of the same type in the apartments below. Joining the living room space is unacceptable, as from the point of view of legislation, such actions will worsen the living conditions of the neighbors from below, which, of course, is illegal. Expanding a bathroom or bathroom by joining a part of a kitchen or another living room is permissible only if there is a basement below.
- If the bathroom is combined with a bathroom, then redevelopment may provide for its transfer. These works should also be carried out only at the expense of non-residential premises.
- Waterproofing is obligatory Another rule for redevelopment of a bathroom is the need for reliable waterproofing of floors. That is, if the work involves the expansion of the bathroom space due to the accession of a part of the adjacent room, then additional waterproofing of the floors is necessary. The old coating is dismantled and stacked new with mandatory waterproofing.
- Among other things, a prerequisite must be met, in which the level of the floors in the bathroom should be located below the level of the floors in the living rooms. If this condition cannot be met for any reason, a separation threshold must be equipped. As it is easy to guess, this condition must be observed, so that in case of failure of the sewage system, the water does not immediately flow into the living quarters.
- Among the rules for the redevelopment of a bathroom, it can be noted that the entrance to the bathroom and / or toilet should be exclusively from the non-residential premises.
- It should also be borne in mind that it may often be thought to attach parts of a ventilation or sewer shaft to a bathroom and a bathroom, which may be located adjacent. But these actions will be illegal, since the above areas do not belong to the area of the apartment, and therefore are not acquired by the tenant. In addition, these actions can disrupt the ventilation system as a whole.
The ventilation shaft must be kept
Compliance with the listed rules is regulated by regulatory documents and is mandatory . It is also worth adding that in addition to the formal side of the issue, during the work it is necessary to know a number of applied rules, the observance of which is no less important.
Before proceeding to work on the redevelopment of a bathroom, it is useful to additionally familiarize yourself with a number of rules that are more advisory in nature, but compliance with which can greatly facilitate the performance of the task.
Demolition of the partition in the bathroom
- As a rule, thoughts about the redevelopment of the room arise when insufficient space. And it does not matter whether it is a new building or a bathroom in the Khrushchev. Expansion of the room is possible due to the dismantling of the partition between the bathroom and toilet. Thus, you can get not too much additional free space, but, nevertheless, the expansion will be noticeable and will allow to use it more rationally.
- Another option for redevelopment may be, on the contrary, the separation of the bathroom and bathroom. Here one of the highlights is the choice of material for the manufacture of the partition.Traditional brick is not a very good choice, as it has a relatively low resistance to moisture. Much more preferable will be moisture-resistant foam blocks. Water resistant plasterboard can be used as a finishing material.
- When redevelopment, you can also dismantle the bathroom and install a shower cabin instead. This will allow you to get a lot of additional free space that you can use, for example, to install a washing machine.
- Often, during work, it may be necessary to dismantle old pipes. When installing new should pay attention to the material of their manufacture. To replace the metal should choose polypropylene or modern metal-plastic. Such pipes are easier to install, and also have better performance than metal. It should be remembered that all cranes and connecting elements should be easily accessible.
- Another quite important point is the equipment of high-quality and full-fledged ventilation. This is especially true in the case of equipment in the bathroom of the shower cabin.
The shower stall instead of the bath
Concluding the statement, you can add that the bathroom redevelopment options there are many. The scope for the realization of fantasies and ideas about beauty is quite extensive. As a source of ideas, you can use the appropriate photos, which will not only draw fresh ideas, but also add up a general idea of the upcoming volume and nature of work.
Redevelopment of a bathroom in a standard three-room apartment:
Replacement shower bath
Combining and installing the corner toilet
Bathroom after combining
Expansion due to the corridor