There is no doubt that the tree is the only environmental material that is still used as a covering without additional chemistry. Of course, it is coated with varnish, stained, painted, but also left in its natural form. This allows you to enjoy the inhabitants of the house the smell and purity of nature, which in the age of mass synthetics is very much appreciated.
Before boarding, the boards must be thoroughly dried and processed.
The style of the village house will help create a wall covering with wood. The materials presented by the industry in the construction market are represented by many. Among them are such popular as lining, siding, wall panels and more. But not only the appearance and purity of the tree won the customers. His qualities also deserve attention. This is durability and heat preservation. That is why wood paneling is preferable in cold regions of the country than synthetic materials.
Wall covering tools.
The durability of a wooden wall depends on proper drying and subsequent treatments. Drying is carried out on an industrial scale, so the wooden elements after purchase must be dried individually. A dark room with natural ventilation is suitable for this. If the material then needs to be given some form, it is worthwhile to install holders so that the tree does not “lead” and it retains its original shape. It is worth knowing that the wood species are dried differently - solid longer, soft, respectively, ready to use earlier.
Popular panels - siding, wall paneling - are ready for wall cladding at home and do not require additional hassle. Also, the durability of the tree depends on its impregnation - water repellent and antiseptics, eliminating the appearance of mold and mildew. If the masters want to make the house trim completely environmentally friendly, you need to use organic materials. But the manufacturer of chemistry is not far behind and offers a choice of a lot of compounds that are not harmful to health.
The thermal preservation of wood walls lies in the very structure of the material. Preference should be given to breeds that are well developed in snowy regions, they are coniferous. Wall clapboard clapboard will create a good microclimate in the room - the tree is able to absorb moisture and evaporate it. Of course, you should take care of layers of additional drainage from the wall directly under the tree.
What can be trimmed with wood?
Types of wood for wall cladding.
Which rooms are trimmed with wood? The answer to this question is one - everything. The only difference is in what breeds will be used for wall cladding, what is the purpose of the room, what compositions can be used to preserve the skin.
- Living rooms at home. There is no doubt and sheathe the walls in them by any rocks. The main condition is that the tree should not be saturated with chemical compositions that are not intended for this purpose. Usually the manufacturer marks its products. Decorative wall covering can be any - varnish, stain, painting. But only on water bases, especially when it comes to children's and bedrooms.
- Hall, halls. If the interior of the house proposes to show sophistication not only with objects - furniture, lamps, paintings, then here are suitable expensive types of wood. You need to work with them more carefully, precisely because of the price. Maple, ash and oak are available, unlike exotic African ones, but they are also expensive, therefore preliminary processing is carried out in warehouses and a guarantee is given for their use. House covering such materials should go with caution.
- Saunas, baths, steam rooms. Only hardwoods (due to the lack of resin in them) will do. It is certainly possible to breathe healing air in the steam room, but if it is mixed with chemical treatment, then there is little good. Sheath walls steam rooms and larch, especially since this breed has water-repellent properties, and with the use of impregnation and does give a good result.
- Farm buildings. As a rule, specially the walls in them are not sheathed. If only the remnants of the main works. Attention should be paid only to the garage: the walls, sheathed in wood, will help to quickly warm up the car in the cold, and even during repairs it will be much more pleasant to be here.
Stages of wall cladding
It is important to observe all the points before covering the walls with wood.
The framework for wall cladding.
- Surface preparation. As a rule, wall cladding is not carried on a bare foundation - logs or bricks. It is necessary to make several layers of insulators from exposure to external and internal media. The bare walls are cleaned, foamed cracks, cement chipped and so on.
- After the layer of hydro- and vapor-insulator is installed, it is possible to tackle the batten for future skin. No wooden material can be installed without it.The only difference is in the guides: when the trimming is done in a horizontal plane, the crate is made in vertical directions, and vice versa.
- Lathing is conducted in increments of 50-60 cm. Voidings in the formed sectors can be filled with an additional layer of material for the preservation of heat or sound insulation. And you can not put anything in them - it will provide natural ventilation, which will have a good impact on the condition of the tree, and in general the house will be warmer.
- After that, you can proceed directly to the wall paneling with wood. With standard panels or siding, everything is simple - they have locking connections and installation difficulties are not expected. You need to start from the bottom, while setting the starting strip. Special attention should be paid to it - all direction depends on its precoe. After it is installed using a level, the rest of the panels are mounted on it. Window openings are mounted using slopes. In order to sheathe the walls with boards, painstaking work is required, for they have no lock. The rail is mounted vertically on the wall and the main installation is carried out from it.
- To reliably sheathe a house when the wood is pre-processed, the fasteners can be of any steel. If there is no certainty that moisture will not be present, you should use elements with a chrome-plated surface or treat them before applying an anti-corrosion compound.
- If the impregnation of wood before installation is not done, it threatens to damage it. Therefore, before the start of work, each element of wood is processed and thoroughly dried. Finishing the work of covering the wall with a tree, it will not be bad to walk on the finished surface with a second layer of protective composition.
- Decorative wood wall decoration. Absolutely any, unless the rules above are followed. Paints and varnishes must be water based. If the owner wants to emphasize the house with a beautiful tree pattern, you can use special compositions that distinguish annual rings. The most famous was the stain. Many people use chemical aging methods for a special type of wood - the surface of such walls does not look like cracked wood, but a noble antique coating. The technology of decorating the wall is not too complicated and even a beginner can handle it.
Tools for mounting wall cladding and its decor
Basically these are:
- drill and screwdriver;
- tape measure.
- rollers, brushes, sandpaper;
- overalls and chemical protective equipment - respirator.
It is quite possible to carry out works on wall cladding with wood independently.
The question of how to sheathe a house will not arise if you use the advice and not lose sight of the little things. Everyone wants to get environmentally friendly housing, and yes even safely protected from the cold weather. In addition, the tree-lined house looks great.