This rating of electrical plan for quality, based on user feedback and taking into account such characteristics of the instrument as: power, rotational speed, width and depth of planing and other functionality of electrical planers.
The best electric planers with a processing width of up to 82 mm
The Makita KP 0810 C electric Planer
+ Pluses Makita KP 0810 C
- High Performance on the ratio of time and area of roughing.
- After finishing, the surface is even and smooth.
- Availability of a soft start system.
- Clean cut start.
- Safety device for secure installation of the electroplane on any surface.
- Installation of double-sided disposable knives is possible.
- The Cons of Makita KP 0810 C
- The complete device for setting the knives parallel to the rear sole is inconvenient to use.
- Complicated knife changing mechanism.
- There is no possibility of fixed installation.
- The inconvenient process of rearranging the plug of the chip removal opening.
- Insufficient width for certain types of work.
- There are some minor defects in the plastic molded case.
- There is no adjustment to the speed of the drive.
- Do not use reusable knives.
Results. The tool is designed for processing wooden blanks of various densities. To adjust the depth of the cut, use a rotating knob with graduations. Features of electroplane are: the presence of rubber tabs on the handle for easy and safe holding, the fixing button of the start button are left and right, a metal casing that protects the belt drive transmission.
The Bosch GHO 40-82 C 0. 601. 59A Electroplane. 760
+ Pluses of Bosch GHO 40-82 C 0. 601. 59A electroplaning. 760
- High-quality assembly.
- Thick and durable electrical cable.
- Easy knife replacement.
- Low operating noise.
- Easy setup and stability to maintain depth of planing.
- Comfortable design for left-handers and right-handers.
- Reliability in intensive use.
- Adjusts the direction of chip discharge.
- On the sole there is a retractable plastic backstop.
- Complete set with an additional knife and a key for replacing it, placed inside the electroplaning body.
- The presence of a stabilizing electronics allows you to smoothly process the workpiece.
- Cons of Bosch Electroplane GHO 40-82 C 0. 601. 59A. 760
- A long cable in some cases creates difficulties in work and requires additional measures to be fixed.
- Inconvenient location of the blocking button.
- Inadequate section of the window for removing raw chips.
- The need to use special knives to avoid an imbalance of the cutter and the destruction of its bearings.
- Bulky shipping case.
- There is no smooth start.
- There is no bracket for fastening the electroplane on the table upside down.
Results. This model of electroplane is a professional tool and allows you to work with hard wood. It has a quick-change system for cutting blades, which simplifies working with the tool. With proper operation will perform its functions for many years.
Electric Plane DeWALT D 26500 K
+ Pluses of electroplaning DeWALT D 26500 K
- Long electric cable.
- Low operating noise.
- Professional quality of the treated surface.
- Ergonomic handle design.
- Reliable performance.
- Lack of heating of structural elements and components during operation.
- Availability of bulk bag for chips.
- The balanced design of the electroplaning body makes using it with one hand easy.
- Cons of DeWALT D 26500 K
- Poor build quality of the case.
- Low quality of knives, in particular, fragility in relation to knots and planing depth approaching the maximum level,
- Finding replacement for individual parts is quite difficult and expensive.
- The inconvenient location of the button, as a result of which additional physical exertion arises from having to press it with a straight finger (for people with a wide palm and working with gloves, this is not a disadvantage).
- There is no smooth start.
Results. Great for household tasks related to the processing of wood, including hardwood.At the same time it is possible to use the electroplane in a stationary position Of the design features of the tool, you can highlight the presence of a comfortable rubber lining on the handle, the ability to connect a dust extraction system on the right and left side, equipping the front handle with a device for adjusting the depth of planing, the presence of 3 grooves for chamfering.
Electroplanes Ryobi EPN7582NHG 3000352
+ Pluses for Ryobi EPN7582NHG 3000352
- Power is sufficient to perform a wide range of carpentry work of any size.
- Attractive and ergonomic appearance design.
- Low noise at work.
- Regulation of depth of processing.
- With a shallow depth of processing, an even and smooth surface is formed.
- There is a bulky storage and carrying case.
- A side stop is provided.
- A soft start system has been implemented.
- Affordable cost.
- Left and right hand discharge of chips.
- Quarter sample is available.
- The design does not heat up during operation.
- Cons of the Ryobi Electroplaner EPN7582NHG 3000352
- Individual structural elements (in particular, the drive belt) are not adapted for intensive use.
- In the quarter selection mode, no depth adjustment is provided.
- Inefficient operation of the chip removal system.
- Lack of an adapter for connecting a vacuum cleaner.
- There is no latch key available for the start button.
- Thin and hard electrical cable.
- Case hinges wear out quickly during operation.
Results. If you do not know which electric planer is better suited for small carpentry work at home, then this is Ryobi EPN7582NHG 3000352. It has a bearing pad to reduce the risk of damage to the work surface. Among the other features of the electroplane can be identified: ease of maintenance, accurate and convenient adjustment of the depth of planing, smooth and smooth cast platform, easily sliding on the wood.
The best electric planers with a processing width of more than 100 mm
| Makita 1806 B || Interskol P-102 / 1100EM || Makita 1911 B |
| Width, mm || 170 || 102 || 110 |
| Power, W || 1200 || 1100 || 900 |
| Planing depth, mm || 0 - 2 || 0 - 2.5 || 0 - 2 |
| Planing depth adjustment ||
| Sampling of the quarter ||
| Max depth of sampling quarter, mm || - || 15 || - |
| The presence of a smooth starting ||
| Maintaining constant speed under load ||
| Revolutions, rpm || 15000 || 11000 || 16000 |
| Revolution adjustment ||
| Weight, kg || 8.9 || 3.5 || 4.3 |
Makita 1806 B
+ Pros Makita 1806 B
- Planing width 170 mm.
- Reliable design.
- High-quality assembly.
- The planed surface has a glossy texture.
- A long bed excludes the curvature of the planed surface.
- A chamfering function is provided.
- It is possible to connect a vacuum cleaner.
- A simple rack design that turns a plane into a jointer, which you can assemble yourself.
- Cons Makita 1806 B
- For planing certain types of wood (for example, dry pine timber), the electric planer does not have enough power.
- Heavy and bulky, therefore, to use it, you must be physically strong.
- Inconvenient location of the start key.
- There is no quarter sampling function.
- The price is quite high, although it fully corresponds to the functionality and characteristics of the tool.
Results.Distinctive features of the tool are the high revolutions of the electric drive and the use of rotary carbide knives, which according to the manufacturer, makes it possible to plan even solid wood and glued wooden products. The front support handle is used to adjust the depth of processing. Other features of electroplane include: a comfortable grip with rubber inlays, which reduces labor intensity, eliminates overheating due to air cooling, and low center of gravity.
Electrical Interskol P-102 / 1100EM
+ Pros Interskol P-102 / 1100EM
- Lack of play in the adjustable sole.
- Flexible sheath of a long electrical cable.
- Low heat during operation.
- Stabilization of the number of revolutions of the electric drive under load.
- Wide grip.
- Overload protection.
- Soft start.
- Thermal protection of the drive motor.
- Limiting the speed of the electric drive when the blades are idling.
- Easy to change knives.
- Adjustable chip removal (left or right).
- Quarter sample function.
- Precision geometry and adjustment of cast aluminum outsole.
- The handle has rubberized anti-slip inserts.
- Low Cost.
- There is a quarter-sampling function.
- Minuses Interskol P-102 / 1100EM
- The difficulty of providing a 90 ° angle when planing board edges.
- The package does not have a hex key to adjust the blades.
- Low driving belt strength.
- Belt cover not resistant to heat.
- Insufficiently effective operation of the chip removal system, leading to clogging of the nozzle.
- When the temperature is low, the cable sheath becomes stiff.
- Complexity of setting the geometry of knives.
- The planing of narrow blanks is difficult because of the back heel.
- There is no stationary stand.
Results. Universal tool suitable for both intensive use and for homework. Structural components are made of durable materials, which provide durability for an electric planer.
Makita 1911 B Electric Plane B
+ Pros Makita 1911 B
- The exact geometry of the sole, with its adjustment does not occur distortions.
- Smoothness of the planed surface.
- Availability of all sorts of accessories that extend the functionality of the electrical planer (including a removable cap for a vacuum cleaner and an adapter).
- You can chamfer.
- Cons Makita 1911 B
- Low strength drive belt.
- Ineffective chip removal system design leading to clogged nozzles.
- Native knives are not adapted for processing hard woods.
- One-way chip discharge (right only).
- There is no quarter sampling function.
- When an uneven surface to be machined, it comes into contact with a drive belt, causing it to wear.
- At negative temperatures, the sheath of the cable becomes rigid.
- There is no original clamp for stationary use.
- Missing Case.
Results. The only one in the rating of electric planers, focused on processing not only wooden, but also plastic materials. This eliminates chips on the planed surface, since the electric drive provides a high speed of rotation of the knife. Operating controls are located on the handle. The electrical part has double insulation of current-carrying elements.
The most demanded manufacturers of electric planers
One of the popular manufacturers of electric planes is Makita. Makita electroplanes are available with a planing width of 82 mm. up to 312 mm, power can range from 580 to 2200 watts. The popularity of this manufacturer is due to the release of really high-quality tools. The design of the hull, Makit's electric planers, provides reliable mechanical and electrical protection. Convenience of use by electric planers is achieved due to the ergonomic handle. A special device for adjusting the depth of planing allows you to change it during work, which eliminates the formation of notches. Blades on knives are made of a metal alloy with the content of tungsten.
Electrical plane of this brand is an indispensable attribute of any joinery workshop, allowing you to plan wooden surfaces with a high degree of quality.The functionality of these tools provides high-quality planing of high-density wood, and also allows for the extraction of a quarter.
The design features of Bosch electroplanes are:
- small geometrical dimensions,
- quick-change knives,
All Interskol electroplane models are designed for both professional and home use. Interskol tools can have a power of 710 - 1100 W, the speed of rotation of the knives without a load of up to 11 thousand. / min and planing width:
- 82 mm (the most common and versatile option for solving most carpentry tasks),
- 102 mm (used when performing specific carpentry work),
- 110 mm (the main feature is high-quality processing of the edges of the workpiece)
The main emphasis that Dewalt engineers made when developing their own models electroplanes - high performance and efficiency. As a result, we managed to find a decent compromise between the quality of the instrument and its value. Among the main features of Dewalt electroplanes, the following can be noted:
- high-speed drum drive providing high-quality surface treatment,
- the ability to remove chips from the right and left sides,
- convenient work management due to the presence of rubberized inserts on the handle,
To determine which electric planer is better to buy, it is necessary to take into account the specifics of the work for which it is purchased and the main specifications. Only in this case, you can be sure that the tool will regularly perform the functions assigned to it for a long time.