Decking is a technological design used to create a closed volume in order to take liquid or loose products and give a certain shape. In this article we will tell how to make a formwork with your own hands around the house, give photos and video instructions.
- floor formwork;
- wall formwork.
- of removable elements;
Materials for the manufacture of
You can use the GEF
Depending on complexity and purpose of formwork, for its manufacture are used:
- Wood materials:
- edged and unedged board;
- chipboard boards (chipboard);
- plywood, in particular, a moisture resistant version of OSB-3 (OSB, oriented chipboard).
- Metal products, such as aluminum alloys or steel.
- Polymeric parts, for example, fiber-reinforced polystyrene foam, which became widespread in the manufacture of fixed forms of formwork.
To carry out wall formwork, the industry has launched production of sets, from which a ready-made structure can be assembled in a relatively short time. To choose the required formwork, you need to decide on a number of factors:
- number of floors of the building,
- estimated weight of the superstructure above the foundation;
- the dimensions of the building along the perimeter, the presence of internal partitions and additional elements, such as a fireplace;
- removable or non-removable formwork.
For buildings with a height of two floors erected using brick and concrete, with an area of 200-300 m² on the first floor, it is advisable to think about removable formwork made of metal. An additional advantage of such a decision is that it can be rented while the foundation is being built.
The use of a non-removable structure will justify itself under the following conditions:
- the basement or basement will be periodically used by people, for example, as a home workshop, boiler room, laundry;
- the building is being erected in places with a harsh winter climate - such a foundation will create additional protection against freezing of the lower part of the building ;
- construction is time bound - in this case, savings are achieved due to the lack of need for removal of formwork and acceleration of construction work above the foundation.
One of the simplest designs is a formwork made from wood-based materials. For example, for uncomplicated strip foundation for farm buildings it is quite possible to use unedged boards with additional internal protection from roofing material.
It is better to use a cut board
It is better to use a cut, cracked board or plywood under a residential building. Such materials allow you to make solid formwork with great precision. The top edge can serve as a level for the concrete mix to be laid. In addition, the design is quite simple to manufacture and does not take much time to assemble it.
Materials and tools
Wall formwork is assembled from pre-fabricated shields, bars and fittings. You will need:
- Kromlennaya board 25-50 mm thick, at least 3 meters long. The material related to the second grade will fit perfectly. Instead of the board you can use plywood with a thickness of 12 mm.
- A bar of natural drying with a cross-section of at least 30 * 30 mm.
- Armature. You can use a traditional corrugated rod of steel with a diameter of 12 mm or apply polymer products (glass fittings). The latter will allow you to save some finances without loss of structural strength.
- Knitting wire, nails, screws.
Material for formwork
- circular saw, handsaw for wood;
- drill-screwdriver with a set of tools;
- hammer, hacksaw or scissors, pliers, pliers (pliers), screwdrivers, ax, knife;
- shovels, scrap;
- construction level, tape measure, cord for marking.
- Prepares the necessary material, tool.
- The marking for the installation of future formwork is performed - pegs are driven in at the reference points, between which the cord is tensioned.
- The necessary amount of soil is excavated, and the soil layer is necessarily removed.
- The bedding is made of sand and crushed stone.
- In parallel with the works described above, it is possible, if there are free hands, to assemble boards from boards or plywood. The latter, in the case of small thickness, it is advisable to strengthen with several transverse bars. You can begin to knit the basic elements of the reinforcement belt.
- Next, the formwork is assembled from ready-made shields with their detachment between themselves and fixation to the ground, by means of vertically hammered pegs. Armature is laid.
- The final binding of the reinforcement belt is carried out as a whole. Formwork elements are aligned and aligned.
Formwork for a building with the size of the lower floor of about 100 m², the vertical height of the foundation is up to 1 meter, with pre-made calculations and prepared material it can be collected on its own in 3-5 days.