The characteristics of any equipment is the main criterion by which the choice is made at the time of purchase. But there are a lot of additional questions that can be answered only by those who personally used such a device. This reliability, maintainability, compliance with the stated characteristics and so on. Therefore, to help choose a high-quality high-pressure washer, a rating of popularity and reliability, made up of the most frequently acquired models based on their characteristics and user opinions, is intended. Also to help the buyer given a list of popular manufacturers of this equipment.
The best household high-pressure washers
The best high-pressure washers for home use are moderately economical, but powerful enough devices. The market of household appliances is focused on their creation and production.
| Karcher K 7 Compact || Karcher K 5 Premium || Stihl RE 128 Plus || Elitech М 2500 ИРКБС || Huter W165-QL |
| || || || || |
| Pressure, atm. || from 20 to 160 || to 145 || from 10 to 150 || to 170 || to 165 |
| Water consumption, l / hour || 600 || 500 || 500 || 400 || 375 |
| Power, kW || 3 || 2.1 || 2 , 3 || 2.5 || 1.9 |
| Max. water inlet temperature, 0 C || 60 || 40 || 60 || 40 || 50 |
| Nozzles || standard, mud || standard, mud || standard || Standard || Standard |
| Use of detergent ||
| Weight, kg || 17.1 || 14.5 || 17 || 21.1 || 9.77 |
Karcher K 7 Compact
Household mobile washing with power supply. Equipped with a 3 kW motor, which allows the pump to issue 160 atm. (adjustable).
+ Pros Karcher K 7 Compact
- Sink is not a budget class, therefore it is assembled at factories in Germany, which determines the quality of materials and assembly.
- 10 meters long high-pressure hose is more than enough to wash any car. Hose material - high quality reinforced rubber.
- High power and pressure 160 atm. allows you to perform the washing process faster than most competitive devices.
- Mobility. Externally, the sink resembles a conventional vacuum cleaner on wheels, which can be freely rolled up to the desired place.
- Can work from the central water supply or take pre-recruited water from any open container (if only there is enough volume).
- Cons Karcher K 7 Compact
- The device is very sensitive to the quality of the current. If the voltage "floats", which is often the case in suburban areas, the sink will not work for a long time without a stabilizer.
- On the case of the device there is no attachment for a gun, in order to hang it in the intervals between sinks - you need to invent self-made ones.
- High power is proportional to high water consumption - a standard 10-liter bucket “leaves” per minute. Therefore, we need the skill to carry out washing quickly.
- The weight of a high pressure hose, especially when it is filled with water, is proportional to its strength. If you add to this recoil pistol, then with the habit of the hand can significantly get tired when moving it.
- The length of standard nozzles is not enough for the jet to confidently “reach” to the opposite edge of the roof of tall cars - off-road vehicles, etc. In this case, you need a stand, or an extra long nozzle.
The manufacturer positions the sink as a budget one, but at the same time its characteristics are close to professional models. If there is no skill in using such devices, then initially the consumption of water and electricity may exceed the expected.
Karcher K 5 Premium
Mobile home cleaning. Powered by a 2.1 kW electric motor, driving water through itself in a volume of 500 l / h at 145 atm. pressure.
+ Pros Karcher K 5 Premium
- High power, more than sufficient in living conditions.
- Convenient storage of a high pressure hose - unrolled on a reel specially installed for it on the body.
- Quick assembly from storage to operating position.
- Ability to work from the central water supply and take water from individual tanks.
- Large warranty period - from 2 to 5 years, depending on the place of purchase.
- Cons Karcher K 5 Premium
- The regular blowing agent either does not function properly, or there is no clear description for it - if you need to wash the car with detergent, most users prefer to additionally buy a foam generator.
- The braid of the high pressure hose may rub over time in the place of attachment to the drum - you have to look, whether the vibration from the engine does not affect it in this place.
- When using water from a barrel, in hot weather it is necessary to monitor its temperature - if it is above 40 ° C, the pump will overheat and knock out thermal protection.
- 8 meters of the length of the high-pressure hose - it seems to be enough for domestic use, but casts thoughts of the greed of the manufacturer.
If you want to buy an inexpensive brand high-pressure washer, this model can definitely be recommended for home use, as it has very few competitors in terms of price, quality and performance.
Stihl RE 128 Plus
Powered from a single-phase network of 220 Volts, a 2.3 kW motor allows the pump to develop a water pressure of 135 Bar with a maximum flow rate of 500 l / h.
+ Pros Stihl RE 128 Plus
- 9 m length of high pressure hose. For storage, it is wound on a drum mounted on the body of the sink.
- High maximum water pressure of 135 Bar - a figure above the average for household models.
- With use skills, washing consumes a small amount of water - if you just knock off dust and dirt, then it takes a couple of minutes (water supply time, excluding preparation) and 20-30 liters of water.
- A more thorough washing is carried out in 10-15 minutes and about 100-150 liters of water is spent on it.
- Low weight and generally well-calculated ergonomics. The car wash does not have large dimensions, it is easy to carry around the site, and on the case there is a mount for the gun.
- Cons Stihl RE 128 Plus
- There are a certain number of complaints about the quality of components, but at the same time all the owners point out that if problems are present, they appear immediately. As a result, when buying, you must pay special attention to the conditions of the guarantee and return. In the first days of use, it is advisable to drive the car wash in all modes - if suddenly there is a defect, then it will show itself.
- If there is no water supply system or the pressure in it is weak, then you will have to buy a supply pump - the standard one simply does not draw water from an open tank. You can do without a pump, but then the water tank must be raised to a height of at least 1 meter.
- Wheels of small diameter - if you roll the car wash not on even tarmac, it will cause certain inconveniences.
- The length of the power cord is 5 meters - if you make a separate water tank in the depths of the yard, you must connect an outlet to it. In this case, you must use a high-quality cable - otherwise the thermal protection of the wiring will often start to work.
Users recommend this model for the characteristics and quality of the assembly / work as a whole, but you need to be prepared for some of its "whims" associated with the water supply. If it is not possible to ensure its supply at least by gravity, then the best aspects of this car wash may not manifest themselves.
Elitech М 2500 ИРКБС
Compact sink with characteristics close to professional models: 2.5 kW electric motor, 170 atm. pressure water jet flow rate of about 440 l / h.
+ Pros of the Elitech M 2500 IRKBC
- The ratio of performance, price and quality is one of the best among household appliances.
- High water pressure, plus quiet operation of the engine and pump.
- The design of the sink provides capacity for pouring shampoo - there is no need to use portable tanks that are put on the gun.
- The pump not only creates pressure in the outlet chamber - the sink also pumps water from any open container into which the inlet hose is lowered.
- The working parts of the pump are metal, which significantly increases their service life.
- Disadvantages of Elitech M 2500 IRKBS
- The fasteners of the coil for winding the high-pressure hose are not protected against corrosion - after a while, due to constant contact with water, they start to rust.
- The native high pressure hose is hard and short - its length is only 5 meters.If you do not replace it with a more suitable length, you will have to move the entire device from place to place during the washing process. At the same time, the length of the power cord is also small - the same 5 meters.
- The pump and other internal stuffing is designed to work with water at a temperature of up to 40 ° C. If in the dacha area in the morning to get water into the tank and towards the evening to start washing the car, then the protection against overheating may begin to work.
- When buying a new high-pressure hose, you need to pay attention to the fasteners - the most common ones on the market (Karcher brands) are not suitable.
- The instructions do not describe how to turn on the foam supply, although everything is actually very simple - the fence is carried out automatically when the gun switches to low pressure mode.
If you add foam blowing nozzle, high-quality fine filter and sufficient hose length to this sink, it will not be inferior in its characteristics to devices from well-known brands, while giving them significant odds in price.
A low-end household sink with a relatively small consumption of electricity and water consumption.
+ Pros Huter W165-QL
- Leader of a rating by cost. If the task is to buy an inexpensive device for short washings, then this model is worthy of attention.
- Relatively low electricity consumption and water consumption of 1.9 kW and 375 liters per hour, respectively, at maximum load.
- The pump simultaneously operates to pressurize the working chamber and draw water. That is, for the operation of the sink does not necessarily need water supply - you can use any suitable container.
- You can use warm water without fear of overheating the engine or pump. Their components are designed for the temperature of the incoming liquid up to 50 ° C.
- Cons Huter W165-QL
- 5 meters of high pressure hose will not completely bypass the machine during washing. You need to buy a longer hose or you have to constantly move the car wash from place to place.
- The standard nozzle for foaming is poorly coping with its duties - the “disease” of almost all such accessories that are attached “out of the box”.
- Shipping wheels of small diameter - rolling a car wash from place to place on an uneven ground can be a difficult task.
A budget device that clearly performs its task within the capabilities of the engine and pump. If there is no need to wash your car often and quickly, and in the first place is the economy and price, then this is definitely a suitable option.
The best professional high-pressure washers
The use of professional washers is not always commercial use. The prefix "pros" simply speaks of the increased reliability of the most important components, so professional high-pressure washers from the top rankings may well be purchased for domestic use - they will simply have a longer working life.
Portotecnica Elite 2840 T
One of the most productive devices in the class of mobile high-pressure washers of the professional class, turning 5.3 kW of engine power into a jet of water under pressure of 190 Bar at a flow rate of 780 l / h .
+ Pros Portotecnica Elite 2840 T
- High-quality assembly and reliable components. The brass pump casing and ceramic pistons ensure the durability of the working units of the device.
- The car wash was originally prepared for the use of detergents for which there is already a 7.5 liter tank in the device case.
- Multi-level protection against motor overheating and overpressure in the pump outlet chamber.
- Mobility - all components are compactly placed in a housing made in the form of a three-wheeled cart. The large diameter and width of the wheels make it easy to move the sink, even if there are cable channels or similar obstacles on the floor.
- Cons Portotecnica Elite 2840 T
- If the pump fails, the need for repair is in doubt.
Thermal protection is not provided to relieve water when it is heated in the discharge chamber of the pump. It is advisable after manually stopping the engine to relax manually to relieve pressure so that the "metal fatigue" does not develop due to heating / cooling.
- Before putting the wash into operation it is advisable to check the availability and quality of the engine oil. Although the device is not cheap, but for this reason it is not known how much time he spent in a warehouse in what conditions.
By its characteristics, the Elite 2840 T is uniquely designed for small and medium-sized car washes, and not for household use. At the same time, you should not forget that the device is still a mobile class, therefore it requires regular breaks in work - if there are constant lines at the car wash, then even this device will not be disturbed by a companion.
Karcher K 7 Premium Car
3 kW of single-phase motor power allows maintaining the pressure of 160 atm during the whole washing process - the flow rate in the maximum mode is 600 l / h.
+ Pros Karcher K 7 Premium Car
- Well-designed general ergonomics of the device - big wheels, comfortable handles, fixtures for storing hoses and network wires In the "storage" does not take up much space.
- Stable water head (if uninterrupted supply is organized).
- The brass pump casing is an increased service life of the entire device.
- High-quality high-pressure hose 10 meters long. It withstands the maximum water pressure and is fairly easily transferred from place to place.
- High-quality body material and good assembly of the device as a whole.
- Cons Karcher K 7 Premium Car
- Wheels with a plastic rim that “knocks” when transporting a car wash on an asphalt surface.
- The "native" cleaning filter is just a small steel mesh - it is better to purchase a good filter separately.
- There is an unconfirmed opinion that the K7 is not a professional device in the full sense of this term, so for commercial use it should be purchased with caution and additionally consult the seller about the resource for which the device is designed. Indirectly, this opinion is confirmed by the price - despite the brand, the cost of washing is not the highest of the devices of the same class.
If doubts can arise regarding commercial use at a round-the-clock car wash, then the K 7 Premium Car has enough capacity for living conditions, even if its owner has some of the smallest cars.
Stihl RE 163 Plus
Professional car wash, working on a single-phase household network of 220 volts, electric motor power 3.3 kW. With a maximum load gives up to 160 atm. pressure with a flow rate of 650 l / h.
+ Pros Stihl RE 163 Plus
- Overall build quality and materials used. Increased service life and wear resistance of moving parts - a pump with a ceramic piston is used.
- Increased length of a standard high pressure hose - 12 meters. For storage is wound on a drum in the upper part of the body.
- Increased temperature resistance of the working part - the sink can operate at an inlet water temperature of up to 60 ° C.
- Work in a vertical position and a relatively small weight of the device assembly (27.6 kg), retain its high mobility.
- The ratio of quality and cost is quite good, as for a device with professional characteristics.
- Cons Stihl RE 163 Plus
- When used in domestic conditions, the payback period may be more than a year.
- There is no clear instructions on how to conduct foaming - if you just turn on this mode, then the foam from the tank is supplied for 10-20 seconds, after which clean water begins to flow.
- A regular blowing agent does not always cope with the task correctly - the foam is often too “liquid”.
Despite the characteristics of a professional car wash, the RE 163 Plus is still more suitable for use in living conditions, if it requires increased power. For commercial purposes, it is better to use as a backup device in case the main one is overheated, and urgently it is necessary to wash the car of another customer.
Overview of the best manufacturers of high-pressure washers
Often, it is the manufacturer’s knowledge that helps determine which high-pressure washer helps - even if this information doesn’t really mean anything, but its presence is at least a manifestation respect for the buyer.
Karcher is the leader in terms of origin and vocation
This German company is the founder of the high-pressure washing market. For a long time, while competitors have not established their own production, the name of the company was a household name for contactless washing equipment, and all its achievements are still unsurpassed.
Now buyers note the high price level of the company and excessive headroom for its devices - the maximum pressure of competitors’s wasts is higher.However, these are often marketing moves that do not affect the position of the company as a whole.
Bosch - silver and gold
By all indications, Bosch has literally been on the heels of the market for a long time, and in some aspects even periodically pushing ahead. In particular, this concerns the cost of the equipment offered to the market, without losing its quality. Also, customers note the good ergonomics of the devices, making it difficult in this issue to unequivocally award someone a palm. Only one drawback emerges more or less confidently - the Bosch equipment is clearly louder.
Elitech is close to the people
A domestic company focused primarily on the market of the CIS countries and better than many understands that it is necessary to offer the buyer. Elitech high pressure washers are assembled using technologies purchased from market leaders, but without additional overhead and overpayment for the brand. As a result, behind this name it is worth looking for quality and practicality at the lowest possible cost.
Nilfisk - the professional
works The scope of this Danish company’s activities is primarily indicated by the presence of its factories in the US, whose residents mostly prefer to support local producers. The history of the company has already exceeded the age-old frontier, and during all this time it has been engaged exclusively in cleaning equipment - professional and household. For their sinks, Nilfisk engineers even developed attachments for cleaning various types of surfaces and systems for quickly attaching them to equipment.
Portotecnica - from the general to the particular
First of all, the name of this Italian manufacturer is well-known to buyers of professional car washes, but little by little the company occupies its niche in the sector home appliance market. The company's equipment is popular with users due to its reliability, practicality, ergonomics and the combination of all these advantages with excellent design and affordable cost. The pride of the company's engineers is to develop an engine capable of working without interruption for 2 hours. If you make a rating of high-pressure washers by this criterion, then Portotecnica is an unsurpassed leader, because it is recommended to turn off washing of other manufacturers after 20 minutes.
Huter - accuracy and functionality
Maximum performance with minimum price. German equipment manufacturers have already earned their laurels in terms of reliability and practicality, so the developers of Huter need only not lower the high bar raised. For example, the use of double insulation and durable metal components from the category of exceptions gradually becomes the rule.
Makita - tool quality
There was no job, but this is the only missing brand from two example sites - I decided to keep it just in case.
The technologies of the land of the rising sun enjoy in the world the same respect and recognition as German quality and accuracy. Own research centers, the constant introduction of innovations and tracking user needs is the business card of the Makita brand. For the last decades, the company has been actively promoting the unification policy, buying production plants around the world and exploring new markets, including high pressure washers. Like other products from Makita, washing this brand are reliable, unpretentious and easy to manage.
Patriot - Learning to Simplify
Thanks to this brand, the domestic buyer has the opportunity to evaluate the commitment of Americans to products from their manufacturers. The birth of the brand began in the 1970s, when its future owners opened an agricultural machinery repair shop. Expansion began with the acquisition of machine tools for the manufacture of parts, and over time, Patriot turned into a manufacturer of equipment that finds its buyer far beyond the borders of his country, thanks to the maximum simplicity and cost of construction. Part of the company's capacity is located in China, but customers note that this does not affect the overall quality of the equipment produced. In the market of the CIS countries and Russia, the trademark has been present since 1999, confidently keeping the occupied niche.