All characteristics of circular saws are attached to the diameter of the saw blade - the larger it is, the higher the engine power, weight and complexity of tool manufacturing should be. Making a rating of the best circular saws, it is logical to divide the tools in it according to the depth of the cut, which primarily depends on the size of the working disk. In addition to performance, customer reviews will help determine the best models, who have already appreciated the acquired tools and get an idea about the pros and cons of using them. The rating includes models that have received more good responses from their owners.
The best circular saws with a cutting depth of 40-49 mm
By engine power and ability to cope with workpieces of only small thickness, this class of tools clearly applies to household . The simplicity, low power consumption, unpretentiousness and low price of such devices make them an ideal option if you choose which circular saw is better to buy for periodic and short homework.
Bosch PKS 40 Circular Saw
A simple and reliable household circular saw with an 850 Watt motor and a cutting depth of 40 mm. To work using discs 130x16 mm.
+ Pros Bosch PKS 40
- When the vacuum cleaner is connected, the standard dust removal system performs well. A small amount of debris after work is present, but the effect of "dust by a column" is not.
- Compactness and lightness - the tool is adapted for work on weight.
- High-quality regular drive. But we must bear in mind that it is with a large number of teeth and is not always suitable for working with multilayer materials - chipping can occur.
- It is possible to start sawing the workpiece from the middle.
- Cons Bosch PKS 40
- Budget support platform made of extruded metal, however, with acceptable rigidity.
- The ease of the tool gives the impression of its "fragility" - if there are prejudices on this subject, then it is better to hold the saw in your hand before buying.
- There is no riving knife - if the saw stops in the process of work, you will have to pull it back before the next start.
It’s not necessary to wait for miracles from an instrument of this class, but if you use it strictly for its intended purpose, the purchase will fully justify itself.
Circular Saw Bison ZPD-900
High-quality domestic circular saw of the initial level. Powered by a 900 Watt engine with discs 140x20 mm. Gives the maximum cutting depth of 45 mm, and the support platform allows you to cut at an arbitrarily set angle.
+ Pros Bison ZPD-900
- Value for money.
- The weight of the saw allows you to work with it with one hand - a good option for use in hard-to-reach places, where you have to hold the tool on the weight.
- Sturdy and durable metal outsole.
- The original system for setting the depth of cut and the shape of the support for the second hand.
- When registering on the manufacturer's website, the warranty period is extended to 5 years.
- Cons Bison ZAP-900
- Small network cable length - only 2 meters.
- There is a slight gap in the sole - it does not affect the quality of work, but it is unpleasant.
- The maximum reach of the parallel stop is only 17 centimeters.
- The location of the disk does not allow to observe directly the cut area - you have to focus exclusively on the mark on the frame.
The case when domestic products do not lose to their foreign counterparts in their class and has an attractive price, with almost no negative feedback from customers.
The best circular saws with a cutting depth of 50-55 mm
Such devices are also included in the rating of circular saws for domestic use, but have more features. This is reflected in the ability to work with a large number of materials, not so much paying attention to their density.
Circular Saw AEG KS 55-2
The 1.2 kW engine rotates the working disk at a nominal speed of 6100 rpm. The sole of the base allows for cutting at angles of 90 ° and 45 °, with a cutting depth of 54 and 41 mm, respectively. To work using discs with diameters of 165x20 mm - outer and landing.
+ Pros AEG KS 55-2
- Molded sole from an alloy of light metals - a combination of strength and light weight. If she has a slight backlash, this is manifested only when fully lowered for a minimum depth of cut.
- A relatively small weight - 3.3 kg allows you to work while holding the saw on outstretched hands.
- A parallel stop and carrying bag are included in the package.
- A long power cable - 4 meters is enough for comfortable work.
- Good ergonomics and weight distribution of the tool - conveniently "lies" in the hands and easily moves on the surface.
- Cons AEG KS 55-2
- There is no smooth start - with an engine of such power, it feels, though not strong, but tangible at the start.
- If you have experience with other saws, you may be confused by the lack of locking the power button.
- The diameter of the nozzle for a vacuum cleaner is most likely made according to American standards - it may not be suitable for a home vacuum cleaner. Treated purchase adapter.
The combination of features, cost, and capabilities of this tool makes it a good choice for most household chores, including, for example, building a bath.
Circular saw Black Decker CD 601
Household circular saw for difficult cuts in wood and plastic blanks - transverse and oblique. For work discs 170x16 mm (outer and landing diameters) are used. The engine capacity of 1.1 kW, the nominal number of revolutions of the disk - 5000 per minute.
+ Pros Black Decker CD 601
- Reliable and unpretentious design - easy to operate and maintain.
- Rapid replacement of the saw blade - tightened with a standard hex bolt.
- Good ratio of characteristics and cost of the device.
- Safety - the space between the disk and the operator is securely closed by the protective casing and the housing.
- Warranty period from the manufacturer - 2 years.
- Reliable fixation of the support plate for a cut at an angle of 45 °, plus a ruler for a side stop.
- Cons Black Decker CD 601
- Small power cord. The length is only 2 meters - if you are supposed to work with movements around the room, you will have to connect the saw through an extension cord.
- Weight 4.7 kg - if necessary, to keep the saw on weight, the hand quickly gets tired.
- Lack of a groove for guiding the saw along the guide rail.
- There is no soft start - when starting the engine, the saw must be held securely in your hand.
Reliable and proven tool - suitable for large amounts of work in domestic or semi-professional use.
The best circular saws with a cutting depth of 60-65 mm
In the rating of circular saws, such devices can be both among household and professional tools. True, in the first case, they must be chosen consciously - such circulars already have sufficiently high power, which will not be needed if the saw is needed only to periodically cut a couple of boards.
| Makita 5477NB || AEG KS 66-2 || DeWALT DWE 560 |
| Power, W || 1800 || 1600 || 1350 |
| Revolutions, rpm || 4500 || 5800 || 5500 |
| Speed control ||
| Diameter of the disk, mm || 185 || 190 || 184 |
| The bore diameter of the disc, mm || 30 || 30 || 16 |
| Max, cut depth at 90 °, mm || 60 || 64 || 65 |
| Max cutting depth at a 45 ° angle mm || 44 || 47 || 42 |
| Soft start ||
| Ability to work with the guide bus ||
| Maintain constant speed under load ||
| Weight, kg || 6.5 || 4.8 || 3.7 |
Circular saw Makita 5477NB
Despite the relatively low disk speed, the device's engine produces a fairly impressive power of 1.8 kW, which reduces the likelihood of wheel jamming during operation. Disks are used 185х15,8 mm, plus an adapter on 30 mm.
+ Pros Makita 5477NB
- The force on the shaft is supplied by a hypoid gear - the engine is located along the cutting line and the effort to move the saw is spent less.
- One of the few tools that allows you to cut with one hand.
- Reliability and good ergonomics - the saw comfortably lies in the hand and moves along the surface.
- High power - within the limits of depth of cut, it confidently handles most materials.
- A good overview of the work area - when working, the cutting line is clearly visible.
- Cons Makita 5477NB
- No soft start - when the engine starts, the saw can significantly "jerk" in the hands.
- Big weight is a drawback for working on weight, but plus in terms of the “feel” of the tool.
- In the configuration there is no stop for longitudinal sawing - you can replace the Swenson square.
- When used for roofing, there is a lack of fastenings with which the saw could be hung from the beam during breaks.
- A sufficiently “gentle” retainer that sets the cutting depth — there are complaints about the breakage of this part.
Most of the buyers of this tool are professionally engaged in the construction of frame houses, or purchased a saw for private construction. Just use it for domestic work, most likely not worth it - for this, she has an excessive price and power.
Circular saw AEG KS 66-2
1.6 kW engine and 5800 disk revolutions per minute define this saw as a tool for solving a wide range of carpentry tasks. It makes cuts 64 and 47 mm at the position of the disk at angles of 90 ° and 45 ° to the surface.
+ Pros AEG KS 66-2
- Ergonomics at a high level - the anatomical shape of the arms and their rubberized coating allow you to confidently hold the tool in your hands.
- High build quality - no backlash of the case and adjustment guides.
- The engine power is abundantly enough for confident work with materials up to 65 mm thick.
- Large range of setting saw at an angle - up to 56 °. The position of the disk is easily adjusted with thumb screws with large locks.
- A long power cord — 4 meters is enough for most jobs.
- Cons AEG KS 66-2
- A "flimsy" sole without stiffeners is a somewhat unexpected decision of the manufacturer for a sufficiently powerful device. However, there were no complaints from buyers about breakage of this part.
- When starting the engine, there is a lack of a smooth start.
- The tool is still closer to the household class - the recommended frequency is 15 minutes of work for 10 minutes of rest.
Circular saw for domestic and semi-professional tasks - if you need to periodically file something during the day without spending a lot of time on it.
Circular saw DeWALT DWE 560
The combination of a weight of 3.7 kg, an engine power of 1.35 kW, and a disc output of 5500 revolutions per minute makes this tool a good tool for carpentry works with materials up to 65 mm thick.
+ Pros DeWALT DWE 560
- Low weight, as for a saw in its class - it is convenient to work with a tool even on weight.
- The quality of the assembly and the materials used - there is no backlash and smell of plastic.
- Successful construction of the removal of sawdust - in parallel blows through the working area.
- The length of the 3.5-meter power cord is usually enough, even if you need to move around the working platform.
- A quality "native" disc lives for a long time and, according to numerous reviews, even nails saws through. However, most of them are made of mild steel.
- Cons DeWALT DWE 560
- There are certain difficulties in finding parts and accessories. For example, the size of the disk used (184 mm) is not the most popular on the market.
- The change in the depth of the cut is done with a flag - compared to the thumb screws, this is not the best solution.
- It is advisable to double-check the disc tilt markings with the square.
The combination of weight, performance and cost make the DeWALT DWE 560 an excellent choice for domestic and semi-professional use.
The best circular saws with a cutting depth of 70-85 mm
For use in everyday life, a cutting depth of 70 mm is almost never needed. Therefore, almost all tools of this class are professional devices and which circular saw is better; one must choose based on the production tasks set.
| Makita 5008MG || Bosch GKS 190 |
| Power, W || 1800 || 1400 |
| Speed , rev / min || 5200 || 5500 |
| Revolution adjustment ||
| Disk diameter, mm || 210 || 190 |
| Landing diameter of the disk, mm || 30 || 30 |
| Max cut depth at an angle of 90 °, mm || 75.5 || 70 |
| Max cutting depth at an angle of 45 °, mm || 57 || 50 |
| Smooth start ||
| Ability to work from driving tire ||
| Maintaining constant rpm under load ||
| Weight, kg || 5.1 || 4.2 |
Circular saw Makita 5008MG
The 210x30 mm working disk is 75.5 mm and 57 mm cuts when tilted at 57 °. Confident operation of the tool provides an engine with a power of 1800 watts, accelerates the saw blade to 5200 revolutions per minute.
+ Pros Makita 5008MG
- 4.8 kg - not the highest weight for a saw with such characteristics.
- During operation, high power is immediately felt - the saw “goes” smoothly and without jerks.
- Good weight distribution and general ergonomics - if necessary, allows you to hold the saw with one hand.
- Smooth, clean cuts on all materials of suitable thickness.
- Rubber pads on the handles - sure holding tool when working.
- Cons Makita 5008MG
- Small network cable - 2.5 meters is not always enough for comfortable work.
- A parallel stop springs - not always confidently "holding the path."
- There is no groove in the working sole for movement along the guide rail.
- When the saw starts, the backlight automatically turns on - even when it is not needed.
- Difficult overview of the workspace due to the design features of the tool.
Good, powerful, versatile saw. Suitable for a variety of tasks, but you need to get used to the tool - somewhat uncertain mounting racks and the lack of a smooth start can exchange power for accuracy.
Circular saw Bosch GKS 190
A professional circular saw with a 1.4 kW motor that rotates a disc with a frequency of 5500 revolutions per minute. The saw gives a cutting depth of 70 mm, and when the disc is inclined by 45 ° - 50 mm.
+ Pros Bosch GKS 190
- Long power cable - 4 meters is enough to move around with a tool in a large room.
- A weight of 4.2 kg is very little, as for a professional-class device - if necessary, the tool can be held with one hand or operated on a vertical plane.
- High disk speeds give a clean, even cut - in most cases it does not even need to be further processed.
- The angle of inclination of the sole relative to the disk can be set to within 55 °.
- The depth of cut is sufficient for all situations where the processing of boards with manual circular saws is necessary. If you really need a little more, then removing the lower casing can put a 200 mm disc and the cutting depth will increase to 75 mm.
- Cons Bosch GKS 190
- A hexagon for clamping a disc can slip out of the mounting on the case without being noticed - it is better to keep it separate.
- The system for collecting sawdust does not always correctly perform its functions - when the vacuum cleaner is running, chips often fly out from under the knife.
- Lack of a soft start - at the start you need to firmly hold the saw in your hands.
- It may be difficult to find a disc with an outer diameter of 190 and an inner diameter of 30 mm.
The tool can freely withstand long-term loads - taking into account the price, it should be purchased for these purposes.
The best immersion circular saws
The rating of the best circular saws necessarily includes universal tools that can begin sawing from the middle of the workpiece - cut through holes in them. If the existence of works of such a plan is assumed, then it is necessary to look towards the immersed circular saws.
Bosch GKT 55 GCE Circular Saw
Professional tool with a wide range of basic and additional functions: soft start, adjusting the amount and the system for maintaining the load under load, the ability to perform a cut perpendicular and tilted.
+ Pros Bosch GKT 55 GCE
- Production of premium products is made at factories in Germany - only a plus to the quality of components and assembly.
- High-quality "native" disc - makes an even and clean cut.
- Accurately set rulers for adjusting the depth of cut and tilt.
- When registering an instrument by serial number on the official Bosch website, the warranty period increases from one year to three.
- Guiding tires are quite suitable for Makit or Devolt tires - they are also cheaper than the original ones from Bosch.
- Cons Bosch GKT 55 GCE
- Guides tires, without which it is very inconvenient to work with a saw of this class, you need to buy more separately. It should be borne in mind that the old ones - at 700 and 1400, most likely will not work - it is better to look for new ones, with sizes 800, 1100 and 1600.
- The convenience of adjusting the tilt angle leaves much to be desired, however, this applies to most circular saws.
The tool will "beat off" its price only if it is used professionally. If speed, accuracy and convenience of work are important, then the owners definitely recommend it for purchase.
Circular Saw Makita SP6000 Set
A professional circular circular saw with the ability to adjust the depth and angle of the cut. Suitable for floor or wall work. A 165x20 mm disc is used. The standard cutting depth is 56 mm, and when the disk is tilted 45 ° - 40 mm.
+ Pros Makita SP6000 Set
- The design of the disc allows you to cut at a distance of 18 mm from the wall or other limiter.
- A good set of electronic stuffing: soft start, speed adjustment, engine braking function and overheating protection.
- High accuracy and quality of cut - according to these parameters, the tool is quite suitable for fitters-furniture makers.
- One of the best ratios of characteristics, workmanship and cost.
- The engine power of 1.3 kW plus 5200 revolutions of the disc per minute is fully sufficient for confident operation of the saw, even despite the absence of a riving knife.
- Cons Makita SP6000 Set
- Frankly weak construction of the sole - with careful handling "will live", but if you drop the saw or in some other way strongly hook it, a non-guaranteed case may occur, because the sole is attached to the tool with four screws in plastic.
- Tires of suitable quality still need to be searched - ideally, you should buy everything together and pay attention to the evenness of the course.
The design of the submersible saw implies its use more in joinery than in carpentry. If you plan to cut a large number of thick planks of hard wood, then the Makita SP6000 Set may not show itself in the best way.
The selection of goods is carried out on the basis of reviews, opinions and ratings of users posted on various resources on the Internet. All information is taken from public sources. We do not cooperate with manufacturers and trademarks and do not call for the purchase of certain products. The article is informative.