Monterrey metal tile, the technical characteristics of which will be discussed in this article, is the most popular roofing material. Its most important parameters are the exact dimensions of the sheet, and its thickness, the material from which the coating is made, the parameters of the tile wave (pitch and maximum height), and much more.
This metal tile with such a sonorous name is, in general, a classic. That is, it maximally repeats the shape of a traditional ceramic tile. Well, inside it - strong galvanized steel, reinforced with a layer of polymer. This material is often used when you need to restore the roof of some historic building, the renovated places get a look very similar to what they were in the historical past. However, for the roofing of modern houses tile with a Monterrey profile is well suited and in great demand.
A sheet of metal consists of several layers. As seen in the photo, there is a coating on both sides to protect the steel surface. Each layer of sheet metal is designed to carry a specific function, responsible for the quality of the entire product.
From which layers the sheet of metal consists of, we have considered, now let's talk about what technical characteristics each layer has or must have in order for the product to be of high quality and to last for a long time. time.
According to GOST, this value for metal tile and corrugated flooring should be in the range of 0.4 to 0.6 mm. Steel type: rolled, cold rolled. Sheets are formed on special roll forming equipment. It is not allowed to fluctuate the thickness over the entire surface of the steel sheet.
For Monterrey metal tiles, this thickness is usually from 0.4 to 0.5 millimeter. According to GOST, deviations can be up to 0.05 millimeter. In Europe, the requirements are much stricter - according to the ISO standard, the deviation in thickness is no more than 0.01 millimeter. Such parameters give the finished product good rigidity and sufficient strength.
This coating is applied before the tiles are wavy. The polymer layer gives a lot of positive qualities to the future roofing.
The polymer coating can be made on the basis of one of the five most common polymers:
1. Polyester is a 25 micron coating consisting of resistant polyester paint. It very well protects against corrosion and mechanical damage.
2. Matte polyester - 35 micron thick coating, distinguished by its refined look and special resistance to weather fluctuations. Suitable for any climate.
3. Plastisol is a coating of polyvinyl chloride (PVC). Its thickness is 200 microns. It gives excellent protection against UV rays, corrosion and damage (both mechanical and chemical).
4. Pural - a coating of polyurethane, or pural (50 microns thick) perfectly tolerates large temperature fluctuations. Its color is very resistant, corrosion protection - almost one hundred percent.
5. PVDF - the coating 27 microns thick is made of a mixture of acrylic and polyvinyl fluoride. It does not fade from sunlight, does not break under mechanical loads and can serve for an extremely long time.
|Type of coating / Parameters||Polyester||Matte polyester||Pural||Plastisol||PVDF|
|Protective layer thickness, µm||25||35||50||200||27|
|Primer, µm||5 - 8||5 - 8||5 - 8||5 - 8||2 - 8|
|The texture of the coating||smooth||matte||smooth||embossed||smooth|
|Minimum temperature||- 10||- 10||- 15||- 10||- 10|
|Fur resistance damage||average||average||good||excellent||good|
The size of the Monterrey sheet metal tile, as well as the type of profile, are of great importance when choosing. Selecting the most suitable type of profile, you can reduce costs, as well as the number of cut pieces. Savings there. First of all, it is necessary to take into account the following tile parameters:
All these indicators differ slightly and depend on the type of Monterrey profile.
There are three types of Monterrey profile:
1. MP Monterrey is perhaps the most popular type of roofing. It is strong, durable and very economical.
|Sheet width nominal, mm||Sheet width useful, mm||Sheet length, mm||Profile height, mm||Wave spacing, mm||Metal thickness, mm|
|1180||1100||0.5 - 9||39||350||0.4 - 0.5|
2. MP Supermonterrey - a kind of variation of the previous type. She has a high profile height. This roofing material looks very dignified and solid, it looks more like a real ceramic tile.
|Sheet width nominal, mm||Sheet width useful, mm||Sheet length, m||Profile height, mm||Wave spacing, mm||Metal thickness, mm|
|1180||1100||0.5 - 9||46||350||0.4 - 0.5|
3. MP Maxi - (Monterrey Maxi metal tile) has increased wave width and height. Due to this, its forms are particularly expressive. They emphasize the architecture of buildings, giving them completeness.
|Nominal sheet width, mm||Sheet width useful, mm||Sheet length, mm||Profile height, mm||Wave spacing, mm||Metal thickness, mm|
|1180||1100||0.5 - 9||46||400||0.4 - 0.5|
The RAL color table, invented back in the beginning of the last century Germany has a very wide range. The metal tile considered in this article is painted exactly in accordance with this table. Therefore, the color gamut of the Monterrey metal tile shines with a variety and richness of shades. This allows you to build a roof of the color that your heart desires. It should be specially emphasized that all international quality standards are complied with.
In addition, Monterrey metal tiles weigh very little. Therefore, its load on the rafters is small - only from 3.5 to 5.5 kilograms. So there is no need to use a system of reinforced rafters.This will save materials, finance, and time.
And also, under the Monterrey metal tile, there is no need for frequent crate. Thus, the type of profile MP Monterrey has a profile step of 35 centimeters. Accordingly, exactly the same step will obreshetki. Again, the substantial savings in building materials are clearly visible - after all, with a rare crate, they require significantly less.
In general, there are far fewer minuses than advantages. There are only two of them.