If a modern gas stove lives in your kitchen, it is not recommended to do without a special hood over it:
- first, the gas that you use for cooking when burning out quite a large number of various substances that do not bring any benefit to the human body;
- secondly, all these products of combustion, unless they are purposefully forced to quickly assemble above your stove and go to the ventilation system, before in the natural ventilation system have time p focus on the entire kitchen (and you can fully breathe during this time);
- third, no matter how small the particles of gas burning products are, if they are not installed above the gas stove in your house hood, have time to cover with a thin layer all your kitchen furniture, which does not contribute to its longevity and the preservation of the beautiful appearance.
Therefore, realizing that you can't do without an exhaust hood, you should think not only about how to choose it, but also how to hang the hood above the stove.
Location of the gas stove
Why do we need the exhaust
Ideally your gas the stove in the kitchen should be located directly under the ventilation grill. However, modern architects, knowing that most of the housewives in new homes will definitely buy themselves a hood, do not pay much attention to this moment. As a result, even in the kitchen of an expensive new building the stove (together with the gas pipe) may be in the opposite corner from the hood. What should be done in this case?
Supply air vent
There are two solutions to this problem:
- Move the gas pipe close to the ventilation grill. Unfortunately, you do not have the right to do this yourself. You will have to contact the local Gorgaz, order a project to transfer the gas pipe and gas valves from them. After that, their workers will come and the project will transfer the pipes to you. It is clear that with such a bureaucratic approach, this process will take too much time and will bring very tangible costs.
- Assemble the long air duct from the corresponding elements. In the event that the air duct, in your opinion, spoils the appearance of the kitchen, it can be hidden in a box of PVC panels, OSB, drywall or other similar materials.
Select the hood
When the ventilation hole above the stove
Normally most housewives choose hoods for their gas stove based on their financial capabilities. However, this approach is not always justified, since cheaper models are less powerful and are not always able to cope with the required amount of work (that is, they do not provide adequate ventilation of the kitchen).
The ratio of the size of the hood and plate
At the same time, you should not forget that even a high-quality and powerful hood will not do its job 100% if there is no fresh air in the kitchen (for example, the window leaf will not be slightly open). Earlier, when the premises were wooden windows with cracks, from which every housewife dreamed of getting rid of, the problem of air flow from the street was solved by itself. Now, plastic windows deprive us of this "privilege", unless they have a ventilation valve installed.
The exhaust width must be either more or equal to the width of the gas stove, since the hood must be hung over the stove so that it draws in itself and the products of gas burning, and smells and vapors.
Set the hood above the plate
Assembly scheme of the air vent
К any hood for the gas stove is always attached detailed instructions, which explains how to hang one or another model of the hood. However, there are general requirements:
- the hood must be located exactly in the middle of the plate (that is, the central axis of the hood width must coincide with the axis of the plate width);
- the distance between the hood and the plate is recommended equal to 70 centimeters;
- a separate electrical outlet must be equipped for the hood (in this case it is not recommended to use an extension cord;
- the electrical outlet must be positioned in such a way as to avoid bending of the draw wire;
- any hood is always attached to the walls and never hangs in the ventilation ducts.
The drawing of the hood
The hoods are usually included in the package.
After you have fixed the hood in its place, you can proceed to the assembly ducts, while respecting the basic principles:
- you should not reduce the diameter of the duct throughout its length (that is, if the hood has an outlet diameter of 125 mm, it is not recommended to attach a duct with a diameter of 100 mm to it); 5>
- air ducts are allowed to bend under 45 and 90 degrees, but it is recommended to do this only if you have purchased a fairly powerful hood;
- to prevent backward movement of air From the ventilation shaft to the exhaust hood, install an anti-return valve on the air duct.
Disguised air vent
See installation instructions for the hood and connection of air ducts: