Choosing the best generator for the home, first of all, buyers are faced with the need to carry out careful calculations so as not to face a lack of power or overpayment for its excess. But even when everything has been scrupulously calculated, an equally important part of the matter remains - choosing the best generator from seemingly identical devices in terms of characteristics.
Here come the help of those who have already bought such devices and made a definite opinion on how much the expectations can correspond to reality. Based on the opinions of customers, characteristics, price-quality ratio and popularity of devices in retail outlets, ratings of the best models of generators of various capacities are made - from 1 to 5-6 kW.
Petrol generators per 1 kW
The power and weight of these devices assume their use solely as a mobile source of electricity for one or several not very energy-intensive consumers.
Gasoline Generator Hammer GNR2200 A
Gasoline single-phase generator with a power of 1.6 kW. Powered by a four-stroke internal combustion engine with a volume of 196 cm³, which gives out 3600 rpm
+ Pros Hammer GNR2200 A
- A successful cooling design allows you to use the generator without shutting down for 10 hours - until gasoline runs out of the tank.
- The exhaust of an internal combustion engine is conducted through a silencer, which achieves a fairly quiet operation of the entire device - passport 68 dB is about the sound of a working vacuum cleaner, and not at the highest power.
- Overall design reliability - users note the device unpretentiousness and the ability to find components under it if they need to do the repair.
- Good layout and assembly minimizes vibration when working.
- Sufficiently high power for its class - according to user feedback, it is sufficient even for operation of submersible pumps, which after an interruption in operation are started under load.
- Cons Hammer GNR2200 A
- The weight of the generator is 45 kg - if you do not put the platform on the wheels, then it will be difficult to move it alone.
- Air cooling will not cope with its responsibilities when installing the generator in the sun - be sure to arrange at least a canopy.
Even taking into account the reactive power and inrush currents, the generator is enough for the reliable functioning of electrical equipment with a total power of 1-1.2 kW. The large volume of the tank allows you to use the generator if necessary, long-term work.
Briggs Gasoline Generator. Stratton 1800A
Gasoline single-phase generator of frame type weighing 31 kg with manual start. Brushless generator produces 1.7 kW of rated power and 1.8 - maximum. The 127 cm³ engine is air cooled.
+ Pros of Briggs. Stratton 1800A
- Easy engine start in frosty weather - according to user feedback, there are no problems even at -25 ° C.
- Comparatively low fuel consumption - according to the passport of a full tank of 1.8 liters is enough for 2 hours of work, and users note that with a load of not more than 1 kW, there is enough gasoline for 3 hours.
- Brushless generator - simplifies the design and increases its reliability.
- The weight of the device allows you to move it alone if necessary.
- Multi-level motor and generator protection. Oil and fuel sensors.
- Briggs. Stratton 1800A
- Detailed instructions for assembly and operation often have to be found on the Internet.
- When you buy a generator, you immediately need to purchase oil for filling in the crankcase - it is not in its original configuration.
- A small number of service centers in the regions - although users note the reliability of the device, but before buying you need to find out where you can take it around for repair.
A relatively inexpensive generator with sufficient (for its category) power generator. It is perfectly suitable for powering several low-power devices, a working tool with an engine up to 1 kW, or welding with thin electrodes.
Stand-alone generators for 2 kW
Mobile generators are far from always needed only for powering low-power electrical appliances — often during ancillary work, you need a powerful drill or a Bulgarian, which needs at least a couple of kilowatts. In such cases, which gas generator is better to choose from devices of appropriate power.
Gasoline Generator Hyundai HHY3000F
Single-phase gasoline power plant with manual engine start.It is completed with a 15-liter gas tank - enough fuel for 15 hours of continuous operation. Rated power 2.6 kW - peak load within 3 kW.
+ Pros Hyundai HHY3000F
- High overall reliability of the device, plus high-quality assembly.
- Low noise level - according to the passport of 69 dB - is almost not felt through the wall of average density.
- Confident launch in frosty weather. According to reviews, problems arose only at a temperature of -27, but after a slight warming up the generator started working.
- Practicality - there is enough power to power most electrical appliances, and gas mileage is not much higher than that of 1-1.5 kW models.
- Thanks to a capacious fuel tank, a long autonomous operation of the device is achieved.
- Cons Hyundai HHY3000F
- Work generator generates impulse noise to radio devices - receivers, etc.
- Repeated complaints about the poor quality of rubber pads in the fuel supply valve - they erode over time with gasoline.
- Unsuccessful arrangement of the filler and drain holes for the oil - it is difficult to get close to them, and when draining, the generator often has to be raised too.
- Device weight 45 kg - if necessary, not everyone can handle it alone.
The generator can confidently be recommended to users who need a reliable backup source of electricity and do not plan to power high-power appliances.
Gasoline Generator Bort BBG-3500
Gasoline autonomous single-phase mini-power plant. It is completed with a four-stroke internal combustion engine with a working volume of 196 cm ³ and a generator with a nominal and maximum power of 2.5 and 2.8 kW, respectively.
+ Pros Bort BBG-3500
- The generator is one of the leaders in terms of price-performance-performance - compared to its peers, the cost can be significantly lower, all other things being equal.
- Easy to start - this is also noted by users of an age who find it harder to spin a starter with a cord.
- There is a muffler on the exhaust pipe of the engine. The generator works, albeit palpably for the ear, but if it is placed in the next room, discomfort can be avoided.
- Long battery life - a full tank of 15 liters is enough for 13 hours.
- Cons Bort BBG-3500
- Generator weight 40 kg - in the absence of wheels, it is desirable to move it even within the suburban area, preferably together.
- After the purchase, it is recommended to “rinse” the engine — pour oil into the crankcase, let the generator idle and then drain the oil. In some cases, after washing with oil, chips are washed off, which remain on the metal after the engine has been machined at the factory.
- Since this model belongs to the budget class of devices, it is likely that it will work out a rather limited number of hours before the need for a major overhaul. Therefore, it can be recommended for areas with infrequent outages - in this case, the generator will last for several years and work out the money spent on it.
The Bort BBG-3500 is one of the most cost-effective devices, especially since, according to user feedback, it corresponds to the specifications stated by the manufacturer. Therefore, if the task is to save, then this model is worth paying attention to.
Gasoline Generator Hammer GNR3000 A
A single-phase gasoline mini power plant designed to provide electrical equipment with a total capacity of 2.16 kW or 2.7 kilo Volt-Amp.
+ Pros Hammer GNR3000 A
- High reliability and durability - tested by many customers who regularly operate the generator 12-14 hours per day.
- The engine is easy to start - even women's hands will cope with this task.
- With a weight of 50 kg, there are wheels in the factory configuration - if necessary, it is possible to move the generator along the section alone.
- If you do not additionally load the generator with a powerful power tool, then its capacity will be enough for the confident operation of household electrical appliances - lighting, a computer, a refrigerator.
- The manufacturer provides quality warranty service and availability of spare parts for sale.
- Cons Hammer GNR3000 A
- If you apply the load on the generator when the engine is cold, the latter may stall - after turning on the "cold" one should not forget to let it warm up.
- Passport fuel consumption - 12 liters for 7 hours. However, if the generator is not operated at the limit, the flow will be less.
- A good generator should be heavy. If, for any reason, to remove the wheels from the device, it will be difficult to carry 50 kg alone.
Hammer GNR3000 And this is one of the premium models, which implies the operation of the device for a large number of hours. It is better to prefer it to cheaper counterparts with similar characteristics if the generator is used in an area with frequent power outages or in its absence.
Generators with a capacity of 3 kW
If a weak generator can be enough to power a standard household equipment, then if necessary, use a powerful tool (heat gun, grinder, hammer drill) the best generators for cottages are those that give out 3 kW of power.
Gasoline Generator DDE GG3300Zi
Single-phase gas generator based on a synchronous alternator. In nominal mode, it produces a current of 3.2 Amperes and 3.5 at its maximum. With a fuel consumption of 1.3 l / h and a tank capacity of 9 liters, it can work without refueling for 7-8 hours (depending on the load).
+ Pros DDE GG3300Zi
- The weight of the device is only 35 kg - this is even less than with some kilowatt models. If necessary, you can move the generator from place to place alone.
- The price-performance-performance ratio is one of the best among devices of similar capacity.
- The generated current is output through the inverter circuit, which improves its performance.
- Good build quality - repeatedly checked by tightening the connections just bought generators.
- Well tolerated work with welding devices (with properly selected characteristics).
- Disadvantages DDE GG3300Zi
- Level noise - 91 dB is indicated in the specification to the generator - if possible, it is better to locate the device away from the work site.
- Although the weight of the generator is relatively small, but the lack of wheels is a significant disadvantage when used as a mobile source of electricity. If necessary, have to do them yourself.
- The degree of protection against moisture and dust IP21 - if it starts to rain, then the generator is better to cover at least.
The emphasis in this model is placed on reducing the weight of the device - 35 kg of mass allows the generator to fall as mobile as possible at sufficiently high power.
Gasoline Generator Hitachi E 40
A single-phase generator with a nominal and maximum power of 3.3 kW and 4 kW, respectively. It is completed with a Mitsubishi engine with a displacement of 296 cm³, but the noise level does not exceed the passport 68 dB.
+ Pros Hitachi E 40
- Build and component quality - all production lines are in the brand’s home country - in Japan.
- Large headroom - the nominal in the passport is 3.3 kW, and the maximum on the generator can be hung up all 4.
- Large capacity fuel tank - 21 liters. This is enough for more than 9 hours of continuous operation (the smaller the load, the lower the flow rate).
- The engine capacity is 296 cm³, thanks to which its “smooth” operation is achieved - with stable characteristics of the output current.
- The design is simplified as much as possible - if necessary, minor repairs can be performed independently.
- Easy engine start - even in frosty weather.
- Hitachi E 40
- The quality of the components determines the weight of the device - 70 kg, in the absence of wheels, you will have to move at least two people.
- Compared with some analogues, fuel consumption is quite high - about 2 liters per hour.
- The price is fully consistent with the quality and premium class of the device - if necessary, you can find a generator with similar characteristics, but cheaper.
The Hitachi E 40 generator is primarily suitable for users for whom the quality and reliability of equipment comes first, even if it is to the detriment of its cost or weight.
Petrol generators with a capacity of 5–6 kW
If you make a rating of petrol generators in terms of reliability, then they will be headed by devices with a capacity of 5-6 kW, which are the “golden mean” between economy in use and ensure the smooth operation of most devices that are in a private home. They are also suitable for work on country building sites - for example, for the simultaneous powering of a concrete mixer, a grinder and a water pump.
Gasoline generator DDE DPG6501E-ATS
A device based on a synchronous generator and a four-stroke engine with a displacement of 420 cm ³, 14 liters capacity. with. and fuel consumption of 2.8 liters. h. Nominal and maximum power output current - 6-6.5 kW.
+ Pros DDE DPG6501E-ATS
- An autorun device is already present in the generator's electrical circuit, which tracks the presence of voltage in the main power supply network and in its absence starts the engine and switches the power.
- Ability to choose between launch systems - manual, key or automatic.
- The whole structure was initially placed on the wheel frame - despite the generator weight of 92 kg, one person can freely move it in a straight section.
- Cons DDE DPG6501E-ATS
- If the generator is idle for a long time, then the battery, which feeds the electrical circuit, which controls the presence of voltage on the main line and autostart, can be exhausted. In such cases, you need a battery charger.
- Wheels are designed only for moving the generator around the construction site or summer cottage. Transportation over long distances must be thought out in advance.
- To connect the startup device requires some knowledge of electrical engineering - if there is none, you need to invite an electrician.
Although the generator does not have any pronounced (critical) deficiencies, it is necessary to carry out thorough power calculations before buying, as the fuel consumption is 2.8 liters. h. is quite tangible. It is justified only if the device will operate in a mode close to nominal - in other cases, it may be worthwhile to look at a model of lower power.
Briggs Gasoline Generator. Stratton Elite 8500EA
Briggs Company. Stratton is one of the most famous manufacturers of internal combustion engines, which generally makes the Elite 8500EA one of the most reliable and powerful devices in its category, with an output power of 6.8-8.5 in nominal and maximum modes.
+ Pros of Briggs. Stratton Elite 8500EA
- Excellent quality of the engine, which determines the easy start under different weather conditions and the "smooth" operation of the entire device.
- The frame is equipped with large wheels to move the generator around the site.
- Well tolerates work with the welding machine - without the "sneezing" of the engine and similar moments.
- Overall reliability of the entire device - according to reviews, for 2 years of constant work, you only have to change the oil and spark plugs.
- Large headroom - almost 2 kW from the nominal value.
- Briggs. Stratton Elite 8500EA
- Lack of control devices for the current state of the generator - in the factory configuration there is only a meter of hours, and if you need a voltmeter or ammeter, you need to install them yourself.
- The frame design is made in such a way that, if necessary, it is most convenient to move the generator from place to place (not to roll) together, which, with a weight of 102 kg (excluding fuel), is quite problematic. Unloading, for example, from a trailer, it is desirable to do three or even four of us.
The overwhelming majority of customer reviews characterize the Elite 8500EA generator as a reliable device with sufficient capabilities for powering a home power grid and working on small construction sites.
Gasoline Generator FUBAG BS 6600 A ES
The electrical circuit of the generator is designed taking into account the possibility of connecting the unit to automatically turn on the device when there is an interruption in the voltage on the main line. The generator produces 6 kW of power in the nominal mode of operation and 6.5 in maximum.
+ Pros FUBAG BS 6600 A ES
- The model is one of the leaders in terms of price-quality-performance in its category.
- Ability to choose whether or not to install an automatic launch unit. Even in the basic configuration there is an electric starter, for starting with a key.
- The reliability of the generator as a whole and the components in particular show themselves well when operating in cold temperatures of up to 25 ° C, and the battery retains its charge even during long downtimes.
- All generator assemblies are attached to the frame through damping cushions, which dampens most vibrations that occur.
- If you need to control the parameters of the outgoing current, then a digital control panel is built into the circuit that gives out its main characteristics.
- Minuses FUBAG BS 6600 A ES
- Sensible noise at work can exceed 90 dB.If used as a backup source, then it is necessary to solve the issue of sound insulation.
- When buying, it is necessary to specify the generation of the generator itself. The manufacturer periodically updates the line and not all of them are compatible with the previous automation.
- Great heat dissipation. It does not really affect the performance, but in the summer (when installed indoors) requires additional ventilation.
"Cheap and angry" - this is the main characteristic of this model. The low price is achieved by the Chinese assembly, and the quality of the fact that they use engines of its own design. If the task is to purchase an inexpensive generator with suitable power and upgradeability, then FUBAG BS 6600 A ES will be a worthy choice.