Mineral wool "Knauf" is originally from Germany. The company of the same name is famous for a rich assortment of products of excellent quality. Heaters produced by it, is no exception. It is very valuable that they consist only of natural components, which means they will not cause allergies and will not provoke any disease. After all, phenol-formaldehyde resins so unhealthy in this product are absolutely not available. Insulation Knauf specifications have such that leaves far behind some of its competitors. And what exactly is this mineral war, read on.
1. The thermal conductivity coefficient is quite small. Due to this quality in winter, when the frost is especially strong, the apartment manages to maintain a favorable temperature.
2. The sound absorption level is high. Therefore, mineral wool KNAUF is good to use for sound insulation. Particularly appreciate those whose houses are located near the tram depot, railway or busy highway. Finally, the long-awaited silence prevails in their apartments.
3. Fire resistance is good. According to the fire resistance class, this insulation belongs to non-combustible materials (denoted by NG). This is great - because no one is immune from accidents, no matter how careful.
4. Bio-resistance - at a high level. Mineral fiber is too tough for rodents. For people living in their own home, this is just a salvation. After all, rats with mice, comfortably settled in a layer of insulation - not the dream of homeowners.
5. Knauf insulation does not emit any unpleasant odors. As a matter of fact, they do not smell at all. And they are soft and not prickly. Working with such material is a pleasure.
6. It is convenient and easy to transport this mineral wool. It is able to shrink well, taking up very little space. And on arrival at your destination, you can quickly straighten it. And the shape and size will not change.
7. This heat insulator weighs very little, and after even a long time does not shrink at all.
8. It is extremely easy to install insulation, but it serves at least half a century. This warranty gives the manufacturer - and you can trust him.
9. Properly conducted insulation using this mineral wool makes it possible to cut costs during the heating season by half.
10. The manufacturer does not use either dyes or bleaching agents in the manufacture of this material. The pleasant brownish color makes it easy to recognize the Minowah of KNAUF.
Well, does Knauf have any disadvantages? There is one drawback - it is expensive, unfortunately, and not everyone can afford such pleasure. In addition, Knauf insulators are fiberglass, with all the flaws that are inherent in this type of insulators, see the article Technical characteristics of mineral wool, its brands and selection criteria for more details.
There are two main lines of Knauf heat insulators. The first one is called KNAUF Insulation. It is intended for use by professionals. And heat insulators called "TeploKnauf" are intended for warming private houses. Next, let's talk about each of the heaters in detail.
1. Heat InsulationKNAUF Cottage and HeatKNAUF Cottage + .
These materials are made using three-in-one technology. Because of this, they perfectly keep the heat, protect from extraneous sounds and do not let a drop of moisture into the room. Heat insulator TeploKNAUF Cottage can be warmed and the roof, and the walls and internal partitions are soundproofed. It is sold in rolls or slabs 5 centimeters thick. The size of the plates is 123x61 centimeters. The size of the rolls is 614.8x122 centimeters. Heater "Cottage +" is only tiled. Its thickness is already 10 centimeters, and all characteristics are identical to the previous material.
|Parameters||Cottage in plates||Cottage in rolls||Cottage + in plates|
|Thermal conductivity, at 10 0 C W / m * 0 C||0.037|
|Airborne sound insulation index, С111 *, RW (W)||45|
|Material volume in the package, m 3||0.75||0.75||0 , 6|
|Material area in the package, m 2||15||15||6|
|Amount in a package, pcs||20||2||8|
2. Insulators HeatKNAUF House and HeatKNAUF House +.
The first type of heat insulators (ThermalKNAUF House) is made using a very promising modern technology, called "3D elasticity". Thanks to its use, the characteristics of Knauf Dom insulation are very impressive. These materials are capable of adhering so tightly to the base that cold bridges do not have any chance. A heater HeatKNAUF House + 10 centimeters thick is more economical to use than two layers of heat insulators of 5 centimeters each.
|Parameters||HeatKNAUF House||HeatKNAUF House +|
|Heat Conductivity, at 10 0 C W / m * 0 C||0.040|
|Airborne sound insulation index, C111 *, RW (W)||45|
|Packaged Material, m 3||0 , 6||0.6|
| Material area in the package, m 2 ||12||6|
|Amount in a package, pcs||16||8|
3. Heat insulationKNAUF Cottage.
This material is produced in rolls. As the name implies, it is convenient for them to warm the cottage (attics and floors between floors). In addition, it is convenient to use it for thermal insulation of a summer kitchen, shed or other building on the site.
|Thermal Conductivity, with 10 0 C W / m * 0 C||0.044|
|Airborne sound insulation index, C111 *, RW (W)||45|
|The amount of material in the package, m 3||0.9|
| The area of the material in the package, m 2 ||18|
|Amount in a package, pcs||2|
There was no roller dedicated to the technical characteristics of this line of insulation, but there was a funny one Romo-video:
1. KNAUF Insulation Thermo Cooker 037 . This heat insulator is available only in tile form. They can insulate almost everything: roof slopes, walls, floors. Floors on logs that pass above the ground or above the basement are also well insulated with this material. It perfectly absorbs sounds, well suited for sound insulation of partitions and walls. If the partition divides two rooms, in which the temperature is different, then the plates are fastened between the lags, which are carriers.
2. KNAUF Insulation Thermo Roll 040 . This material is produced in the form of mats, which are then rolled up into tight rolls and sealed. This provides convenience during storage and delivery of material. And they usually warm them with horizontal planes, the load on which is not very large. These are floors of attic space, roofs, ceilings between floors, as well as lag floors, which are located above the basement or immediately above the ground.
3. KNAUF Insulation Acoustic Partition. This mineral wool is produced both in the form of slabs and in the form of mats. Its advantage is very high elasticity. The manufacturer uses special technology to enhance sound absorbing properties. Therefore, the results of sound insulation with this material are very impressive. And the requirements specified in SNiP 23-03-2003 (the section is called "Protection against noise") are fully met.
This mineral wool can be used both in frame sheathing type partitions and in structures made according to the KNAUF dry construction method. Whether it is a residential house, a public building or a production workshop - the material will perfectly cope with its task. In an office, hotel, club or cinema, hospital, sanatorium or kindergarten, it is rational to use this insulation everywhere.
4. KNAUF Insulation Pitched Roof . This material is manufactured using Aquastatik technology. Thanks to its use, the absorption of moisture by the insulator tends to zero. It is produced in the form of slabs and mats, and is used to insulate cattle roofs on a wooden frame, as well as floors in mansard premises, made of logs. The material can be used in residential, industrial and office buildings, agricultural buildings, hospitals, hotels, cinemas, restaurants and other buildings and structures.
KNAUF Insulation Varieties Pitched Roof There are four. They differ from each other in size and characteristics. We list these types:
Pitched Roof Thermo Roll 037 A:
Pitched Roof Thermo Plate 037 A:
Pitched Roof Thermo Plate 034 A:
Pitched Roof Thermo Roll 034 A:
5. KNAUF Insulation Facade . It is of two types: Facade Thermo Plate 034A and Facade Thermo Plate 032A. Both of them poorly absorb moisture (which is achieved through the use of technology Aquastatik), have a high elasticity, do not prick and are not subject to breaking into small pieces. These characteristics of Knauf insulation of this type are largely due to the long thin fibers that make up the material. Their length - 15 centimeters, thickness - 4 - 5 microns.
The main purpose of this mineral wool is to serve as an inner layer in houses with brick cladding. Insulate with KNAUF Insulation Facade material can be both residential buildings and offices, industrial premises, canteens, hospitals, agricultural buildings. In any building that has an enclosing structure consisting of several layers, such a heat insulator will be appropriate.
Facade Thermo Plate 034A:
Facade Thermo Plate 032А: