Laminate flooring is a modern flooring. The laminated board is impregnated with environmentally friendly resins, due to which it has high wear resistance. Laminate is universal, it can be used in any room. A variety of colors and textures will create an interior for every taste. Thanks to the upper waterproof protective layer, this floor will last you a very long time if you know how to care for the laminate.
Care of the laminate floor will not require any special tools. Laminate, unlike parquet, does not need to be varnished or polished. When buying a coating, you can consult with the seller about how and how best to wash the laminate. The protective top layer has a dust-repellent effect, which prevents the rapid accumulation of dust on the surface of the laminate.
Many people doubt whether the laminate can be washed with water. Famous manufacturers offer high-quality modern flooring, which does not deteriorate when it gets wet. Therefore, you can wash the laminate. There is no fundamental difference with which mop to wash the laminate, the main thing is that the cloth should be soft and the water should be warm. To eliminate strong contaminants in the water, you can add detergent for the laminate.
Laminate flooring is not self demanding, but there are some important rules for knowing that you will understand how to properly care for a laminate in order to prolong its service life:
Before cleaning floors from laminate, you must remove stains, if any.
1. Stains from chocolate, fat, juice, or alcohol can be removed with a neutral pH liquid detergent, such as “Mr. Laminate Muscle”. Moisten a soft cloth with this tool, cover it with a stain and leave for 5-10 minutes. Then rinse with clean warm water.
2. Traces of tar, pencil, ink, shoe polish, lipstick, charcoal, cigarettes, or nail polish are removed with methyl alcohol. Be careful when working with these substances, as they are toxic and improper handling of them can harm your health.
3. If there are spots of candle wax or chewing gum on the floor, then you need to wait until they are completely set, and then gently scrape off with a knife. You can attach an ice cube to the contaminated area, then the wax or gum will be easier to remove.
1. The glossy (polished) coating requires more attention. This laminate must be washed so that it glitters. Therefore, at the end of the cleaning, be sure to wipe the floor with a dry cloth. Try not to walk barefoot over such a coating, especially if you put a rich cream on your feet.
2. Matte coating is usually dirty more quickly. Over time, a wax coating is formed on the matte laminate. To remove this greasy film, you need to use a special cleaning spray with an alcohol content. Before cleaning, spray the product over the surface and let it sit for a few minutes. Then rinse with clean water and wipe with a dry cloth. Using an alcohol-based spray is a great way to clean your laminate without staining.
3. Laminate with chamfers around the perimeter of the board. This coating is more sensitive to water, so you need to carefully squeeze a rag before washing the laminate. Of course, the chamfers of the boards also have a protective coating, but still make sure that the water in them does not accumulate.
Laminate flooring is a great way to decorate your home. This flooring will last you a very long time if you know how to take care of the laminate in a timely and proper manner.